Toss the caber!
01The rules of the game
Tug of war
- There must be an even number of players on each team, plus one referee.
- The referee must stand between the two team lines. Players mustn’t touch the ground.
- Players must pick up the rope and hold it tight.
- When the referee gives the signal, the players should pull on the rope.
- A team has lost when its flag is pulled across the centre line, or when a player falls down.
02Tossing the caber
haggis, kilt, whisky, Highland, piping, finally.