Culture : je découvre la civilisation des pays anglophones.
● Also called The Presidents’ Mountain.
● 4 US Presidents (from left to right): George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln.
● Three million visitors a year.
● It took 14 years (from 1927 to 1941) and 400 men to carve the mountain.
● Mount Rushmore cost nearly one million dollars.
● The mountain is 5,500 feet above sea level.
● The faces of Mount Rushmore are 60 feet high.
● Washington’s nose is approximately 21 feet long.
● The eyes of each President are 11 feet wide, and their mouths are approximately 18 feet wide.
● The memorial lies over 1,278 acres.