1. Thanksgiving is celebrated on a Tuesday. 2. Thanksgiving Day is a time for Americans to gather with their friends and family. 3. Thanksgiving is celebrated in all English-speaking countries.
1. Pick the pictures you can see in the painting The First Thanksgiving. Then, name them all.
Crédits : Sim Lev/moonkin/Sim Lev/Shutterstock
2. Now describe the painting. Can you guess what's going on?
3. Fill in the blanks with the correct comparative form of each adjective.
a) In Canada, Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the second Monday of October. It is celebrated
(early) than in the USA. b) The first American Thanksgiving was held in 1620. It took place years
(late) than the first Canadian Thanksgiving which was celebrated in 1578. c) Compared to American parades like Macy's, Canadian parades are
(small). d) Thanksgiving Day is
(important) for Americans than it is for Canadians. Some Canadian families don't celebrate Thanksgiving.
1. What do you expect when you see the picture?
Le zoom est accessible dans la version Premium.
Crédits : chrisdorney/Shutterstock
2. Listen to the audio and select the correct answer for each question.
a) This document is
(an audio book. / a TV programme. / a radio programme.) b) The main subject is
(how people celebrate Thanksgiving today. / why people started celebrating Thanksgiving. / a history lesson on the American people.) c) What did they call the people who left England because of religious problems?
(the Pilgrims. / Squanto. / Native Americans.) d) What was the name of their ship?
(The Mayflower. / The Lusitania. / The Santa Maria.) e) Who helped the Pilgrims in America?
(Squanto. / Christopher Columbus.)
3. Write three questions about the audio document. Ask the other team to answer them.
Who ➝ Person / What ➝ Subject / When ➝ Date / Where ➝ Place / Why ➝ Reason / How ➝ Manner
1. Watch the video once and fill in the chart.
2. And you, what are you thankful for?
Up to you!
How far can you go?
Thanksgiving is an American tradition. This year was a wonderful year. I passed my GCSE. I am thankful for being healthy.
Une erreur sur la page ? Une idée à proposer ?
Nos manuels sont collaboratifs, n'hésitez pas à nous en faire part.
Oups, une coquille
j'ai une idée !
Nous préparons votre pageNous vous offrons 5 essais
Utilisation des cookies
Lors de votre navigation sur ce site, des cookies nécessaires au bon fonctionnement et exemptés de consentement sont déposés.