The Great History Quiz!
01Before the Normans…
02Mr Cray’s crash course
03Make it right!
Make it right!
2. The Normans killed King Harold. But how did he die? Some say that he was killed by an arrow to the eye, or hacked by a Norman knight. When Harold died, the battle was over.
3. On 5 January 1066, King Edward the Confessor died.
4. Harold Godwinson went to Normandy. Harold's ship landed in Ponthieu, north of Normandy, the land of the fierce Count Guy. Count Guy's soldiers captured Harold.
5. On 14 October 1066, the Battle of Hastings began. The air filled with arrows and lances. The English soldiers, who were all on foot, protected themselves with a wall of shields. The lower border of the tapestry is filled with dead and injured soldiers.
6. William decided to attack England.